Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Inner Ring

Ring...one ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them...Yay for Tolkien. Though that saying does somewhat apply to what I read. The One Ring kind of represents the Inner ring. It hold the power over the other rings, but the only ones who are allowed to join that group lead by the Dark lord are the orcs, ring wraiths, and other evil creatures. In real life there are rings too. These can be easily seen in schools....even colleges. There are groups that separate each other. For example there are the popular kids... Who determines why they are popular or cool or whatever is part of the unspoken code. Rings could be called cliques, relationships, friends, or family. Each one has some sort of hierarchy and rules. In a family The parents usually run the show, but the children can also make rules for this familial ring. Friendship rings you can make yourself or be added too. For shy people they wait for others to accept them into their ring. During my time in grade school...middle and high school mostly...I had a few friends and we made up our own little ring. The postilions we held were kind of like I was the mom of our group and I would kind of treat them as my kids or else I would also assume the role of the little sister...even though I was oldest. Wanting to be accepted by the populars was never really high on my list since they took great joy in tormenting me. So they as one of their unspoken codes...in my mind...was "don't let the short girl with the funny eye in our group. But that was then and this is now. Though I've seen some rings and secret codes here at Calvin too. One of the things that I've noticed is that everyone flips their cups over after their done with their drinks. It's not a rule...or at least I don't think it is, but everyone does it. So there are rings everywhere.Whether you want in or not is your choice.

(Just as a side not this was really hard to type in white)

No comments:

Post a Comment